At the start, the world saw Web 1.0 but soon the world saw Web 1.1 created. This points out at one thing specifically: web development is a never-ending process and as soon as you design a website one fine morning thinking it to be the best, another one pops up in the evening claiming to be superior to yours. This means you will need to know the latest trends, techniques, tools, and demands to code your very own dynamic websites. Learning PHP through real-world applications and examples is the best way to achieve that.
Over time, lots of such enhanced versions have come up with the development of different browser enhancements such as:
- JScript of Microsoft and
As for the servers are concerned there were lots of progress being made on this site as well using different tools such as:
- CSS and
- HTML 5.
The areas in which progress was being made in the digital strategy included some of the important aspects that will provide a better user experience such as:
- The Common Gateway Interface or CGI
- Use of scripting languages such as Perl which is primarily an alternative to the PHP language and
- Server-side scripting.
Servers also tried to insert the contents of a particular file into another along with the output of a system call most dynamically.
Most useful technologies
In this rush towards developing the most dynamic websites, there are ideally three key technologies that stood up and head and shoulders above the others.
- Perl was considered to be the most popular scripting language by the servers having a strong following but it is the simplicity of PHP that has made it more popular due to its built-in links to the MySQL database program.
- HTML that can take on even more muscular tasks such as dealing with the client side of the Ajax process and send requests to the web servers working in the background without even letting the web user being aware of such things going on.
It is all due to the symbiotic nature of these technologies especially PHP and MySQL that has helped them to propel forward along with the ease of using it.
- These tools can create dynamic elements on a website very quickly making them the most powerful tools and a database system.
- These tools will offer just about anything to your website as per its requirement in order to search for and serve up the data to the browsers.
Using PHP effectively
It is very simple and quick to embed dynamic activity in the web pages when you use PHP and give your pages the .php extension. It will allow you to have immediate access to the scripting language. All you have to do is write a code a simple as the following:
Echo “Today is”. date(“l”) . “. “;
How are you?
The code will work as follows:
- The opening <?php will tell the web server that the PHP program should be allowed to interpret all through the code up to the ?> tag.
- In addition to that, the code will also ensure that everything is sent back to the client as direct HTML and
- The text will come up as the simple output to the browser.
Ideally, within the code, the PHP tags and the built-in date function will display the current day of the week according to the system time of the servicer.
The final output of the above code assuming it to be designed on a Monday will come in two part and look like this: Today is Monday. How are you?
PHP language is very flexible by itself and people even prefer to place the PHP construct next to PHP code directly making is look something like this:
Today is <?php echo date(“l”); ?>. How are you?
There are also several different ways in which you can format and output information.
In short it can be said that PHP is the most favored language of the web developers which may not be as fast as writing codec in C or any similar language but is incredibly fast. The most significant thing is that it will seamlessly integrate with HTML markup.
An additional note
In a PHP program you must not forget to start with <?php in front and end with the ?> tag. This will ensure that the PHP interpreter will process them. In order to facilitate and remember this, you may prepare a special file and call it ‘example.php’ ensuring that all these tags are in place.
While using PHP, you will have almost unlimited control over the web server. This will help you in a wide variety of ways whether it is simply to modify the HTML on the fly or to process a credit card information, whether to add any user details to an existing database or to fetch information from another third party website, you will be able to do it all using the same PHP files provided within it the HTML itself resides.
In addition to all these benefits, when you use PHP, you will also be able to make all the necessary calls directly to MySQL and for that, you will not even have to run the MySQL program yourself or use the command-line interface. This will save you from the hassles of multiple lookups and look for the specific item of data you require.